skip to main | skip to sidebar

Tyler, Julia, and Shelby

Friday, May 30, 2008

Lehman Caves (Memorial Day)

Tyler, Kasey, David, and I went to Lehman Caves for memorial day this past weekend. It's in the great basin national park on the border of Nevada and Utah. We took Highway 6 out there, and believe me there is nothing of interest along this highway.

We stayed in a tent that we bought which is really nice, but definitely not for colder weather. We practically froze to death, but it was still pretty fun.

It was pretty funny, we were driving up the canyon and saw a sign for a "historical ditch" and thought it would be cool to go look at it. We started heading down the mountain and it took us about two miles to figure out that we were actually hiking in the ditch. Obviously it wasn't anything special. I think it must be some sort of Nevada joke.

Here are some photos. Enjoy!


These photos are of the caves. They were pretty amazing, and worth the trip. The photos definitely don't do it justice.










The view on the way down.


Part of our camp site


Our tent =)


The view from on top of the mountain. Elevation 10,500 ft.


The infamous ditch. Booo...




Posted by TylerandJuliaBriggs at 2:59 PM

2 comments:

Steve and Kirsten said...

Looks like a fun trip...how long was the drive?

May 30, 2008 at 8:27 PM
Sarah said...

Come on, a historical ditch is an amazing attraction!

May 31, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

blaaag

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
So happy...

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
What a gorgeous background

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
Are you looking at me???

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
Ahhh...

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
Our photo we used for our wedding invites

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
Don't hurt your back

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
Muah!

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
I wanna hold your hand

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
Where are you looking?

Bently

Bently
When he was just new. Ahhh.... How cute!

Ahh....

Ahh....
I married a cute one

Silly Girl

Silly Girl
What character

White Trash

White Trash

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
Our Honeymoon

Feeding the Geese

Feeding the Geese
I would not recommend this, they almost ate my fingers. I don't think they could tell the difference!

CBR600RR

CBR600RR
Tyler's CBR 600 RR which he will be soon giving up for a larger/faster bike.

Tyler and the KTM

Tyler and the KTM
Of course @ sand mountain, where else?

Julia and the Gun

Julia and the Gun
Some of you may wonder if I am really holding a gun. The answer is yes. And yes, I was forced to take this photo. Don't I look thrilled. :)

I caught a Fish!

I caught a Fish!
This was in Fairview last summer. It's a pretty good sized one.

About Me

My photo
TylerandJuliaBriggs
Saratoga Springs, Utah, United States
This blog is all about Tyler and Julia Briggs. Enjoy!
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ►  2011 (8)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  April (5)
  • ►  2010 (24)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2009 (31)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2008 (28)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ▼  May (5)
      • Lehman Caves (Memorial Day)
      • Our HOuse
      • Utah Lake
      • Our New Car
      • Storage Unit
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (7)
 

Tyler and Julia

Tyler and Julia
What is so funny?

Friends and Family

  • Grandma Jean
  • Spencer and Lisa
  • Jamie
  • Alex
  • Steve and Kirsten
  • Phil and Sarah

Wheeler Farm